- International Women’s Day 2017
International Women’s Day is an opportunity to celebrate and reflect on the gains we’ve made together for women and girls. It is also an important opportunity to recognize how much more there is to be …
- Statement from NDP GTA critic Cheri DiNovo on cycling deaths in Toronto
"In the last two weeks, three people were killed riding bikes in Toronto. Two of the incidents were hit-and-runs. This is appalling.
- STATEMENT FROM ONTARIO NDP LEADER ANDREA HORWATH ON THE BEGINNING OF RAMADAN
Ramadan Mubarak! New Democrats join with Muslims across Ontario as they begin celebrations for the month of Ramadan.
- Liberals blow another $700,000 on privatization consultants without showing results to Ontarians
Ontario NDP Finance Critic Catherine Fife, MPP Kitchener-Waterloo, is demanding the government explain another $700,000 paid to high-priced consultants working for the Clark panel. Earlier this spring …
- Statement from NDP Health Critic France Gélinas on Liberal delays for protecting patient privacy
France Gélinas, Ontario NDP Health Critic and MPP for Nickel Belt, released the following statement: “Patients and their families will take little comfort in hearing more promises and seeing more dela …
- ‘Conversion therapy’ banned in Ontario as groundbreaking NDP bill passes final reading
Ontario NDP LGBTQ critic Cheri DiNovo’s groundbreaking bill banning the abusive practice of ‘conversion therapy’ for LGBT children passed third reading and became law in Ontario today.
- When will the last diesel train run on the UP Express? Liberals won’t tell NDP leader
With the Union Pearson Express set to begin exclusive diesel train service for business-class travellers this Saturday, Ontario NDP Leader Andrea Horwath asked the Liberal government if their promise …
- Liberals’ abandonment of commitment to class size caps, “perplexing”: NDP Education Critic
During Question Period today, NDP Education Critic Lisa Gretzky demanded the Premier and Minister of Education explain why the Liberal government has abandoned its commitment to class size caps in Ont …
- NDP critic Miller slams multimillion dollar cost overruns on Pan Am Games
NDP MPP Paul Miller called on the Premier during question period today to explain an alarming pattern of increases in the operating budget of the Pan Am Games.
- Ontario Self-Employment Benefit Cut Another Wrong Choice: NDP MPP Sattler
Today, NDP MPP Peggy Sattler demanded answers from the Premier about the Liberal government’s decision to cut the very successful Ontario Self Employment Benefits (OSEB) program.